Follow these tips for safely moving your computers and electronics.
Kings Transfer Van Lines Calgary and Atlas are amongst the world's most trusted and experienced movers. We consistently rank high in quality based on customer evaluations of our service. You can count on us for shipping electronics to your new home. Preparation begins with your Kings Transfer Van Lines Calgary Account Representative. He or she will come to your home and survey the items you wish to move. Point out anything that may require special attention, such as:
- personal computers and components
- TVs, DVRs, DVD and Blu-Ray players
- audio systems
Your Atlas Account Representative will explain how each should be prepared.
If you decide to prepare items yourself, use the same, professional-grade materials Atlas uses.
- stretch wrap and cushioning wrap
- double- and triple-walled cartons
- packing tape
- carton labels (Do Not Load; Load Last/Unload First; Do Not Pack; Parts Box; Fragile)
- fine tissue and Kraft paper
Your Atlas Account Representative will supply these to you at affordable prices.
If you prefer Atlas to do the packing, your Atlas Account Representative will arrange service for you. We'll fit your schedule and allow enough time for our professionals to do the job.
Video: How To Pack You Electronics
Tips for shipping electronics safely.
- Use a qualified service provider to remove and uninstall wall-mounted AV equipment. Your Atlas Account Representative can locate a reputable professional in your area.
- Move electronics in original cartons with the original packing materials. If you don't have these, use sturdy cartons that provide a good fit. Cushion your items inside the carton with bubble wrap, paper padding or foam peanuts.
- Consult your owner's manual for special instructions on Plasma and flat-panel TVs. If you don't have a manual, your Atlas Account Representative can explain how.
Be ready before your Atlas crew arrives.
- Back up all software.
- Draw a simple diagram (or tape color codes on wires) to make reconnecting much easier.
- Disconnect all wiring and cables.
- Keep components together, in boxes clearly labeled.
- Pack wires and cables with their corresponding electronic units.
- Pack small accessories, such as remote controls, with each component. Or place them in a designated Parts Box. Note this on the inventory list so small parts are not misplaced.
- Submit a list of your electronic components and computer equipment (with serial numbers) to your homeowner's insurance company.
- Atlas cannot take down TV antennas or satellite dishes. If you wish, we can arrange for a professional to take care of it.