How To Make A Smooth Apartment Move
Like everyone who moves, you have concerns—especially if moving apartments is new to you. We want to make your apartment move stress-free. You'll find answers to common questions about apartment moving in this guide, including an apartment-moving checklist. Follow these pointers when you move with Kings Transfer Van Lines Calgary/Atlas, and expect your move to be trouble-free. (If your question isn't listed, just ask. Your Kings Transfer Van Lines Calgary/Atlas agent will give you the answer and put you at ease.)
- When is the best time of year to move?
- What is the secret to choosing the best apartment?
- I have a disability—how do I find a place that's accessible?
- What should I know before I sign a lease?
- When do I need to give notice if I plan to vacate?
- How can I avoid problems in getting back my security deposit?
- What should I know before I engage a professional mover?
- Before I move, what needs to happen—and when?
When is the best time of year to move?
If you're moving to a college or university community, summer offers the biggest selection of apartments. However, because school is out, summer is the most popular time for moving apartments. This may mean you have fewer service options available.
In urban areas, the best time to move varies. People tend to stay put during the November and December holiday season, so you may see fewer apartment choices then. On the other hand, you may have a better chance at nice places that become available only toward the end of the year.
Late April is usually a good time for moving apartments. You can beat the busy summer season, and the weather is typically moderate.
Ultimately, the best time for your apartment move depends on several things; some are beyond your control. Talk to your local Atlas agent. You'll get good advice and inside knowledge about the community you are moving into.